Sunday, March 22, 2020

Fear Not



The events of the last few days and weeks have caused much anxiety for the entire world. They have created so much stress, partially, because we are now living in an area of the unknown. We cannot go anywhere, listen to anything or plan anything without being bombarded with the reminded of the virus that is gripping the world population. We try everything to ease the pain of the situation but the fear grips our entire being.
We must maintain hope and not allow the circumstances of life to take away our hope and trust in God. Hope is a very powerful tool in our lives. I like the following quote: The hope that God has provided for you is not merely a wish. Neither is it dependent on other people, possessions, or circumstances for its validity. Instead, biblical hope is an application of your faith that supplies a confident expectation in God's fulfillment of His promises. Coupled with faith and love, hope is part of the abiding characteristics in a believer's life.”1
The greatest source of hope is written in God’s Word and gives us strength and courage to persevere.
“But now the Lord who created you, O Israel, says, "Don't be afraid, for I have ransomed you; I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up-the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, your Savior, the Holy One of Israel.”2
The words of this song remind us that we will win in the end.  
“Through so many dangers and toils of this life
I have already come, but He keeps on giving the
Grace and the strength, to just keep pressing on.
He’s given a promise and I’m gonna stand, on
Every word His holy word has said, and holding
His hand I’ll never fear whatever lies ahead.

I’m gonna make it, He’s already said that I would.
I’ll keep on trusting that He’s working everything for my good.
He walks beside me and heaven is in my view,
I’m gonna make it through.”3

My prayer for you today is that the presence of the Lord will be with you and keep you safe from all dangers that try to take our peace away. I ask that You be our shelter and hiding place and build a hedge of protection all around us. We ask this in the Name of Jesus.
      Stay strong; be safe and keep looking up. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.


[1] John C. Broger
[2] The Living Bible Isa 43 1-3
[3] The Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment